Egg recipes are my favorite because our hens provide such an overabundance of eggs that I don’t feel guilty experimenting until I get the dish right! This one was no exception. Whenever I have lunch meat leftover from making Ham, Egg and Cheese “Protein Flower” cups, I chop it up and freeze it in a freezer baggy. When the day comes to make this dish for BFD (Breakfast For Dinner), I just pull the baggy out to thaw in the fridge.
12 slices wheat bread, cubed
1 pound shredded cheese (I used Swiss and Sharp cheddar)
1 box (10 oz) chopped broccoli, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 cup chopped ham
4 cups milk
8 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 dash cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons minced onion
3 tablespoons butter
1. In a greased 9″ x 13″ baking dish, combine bread cubes, ham, broccoli and cheese. Toss together to mix.
2. In a bowl, beat together eggs, milk dry mustard, onion and seasonings.
3. Pour egg mixture over the bread cubes.
4. Dot with butter. Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes (overnight is fine too, if you want to make it for Breakfast).
5. When ready to cook: Uncover and bake for one hour at 350 degrees.
6. Eat. Yum!