2 cups white sugar
2 cup flour
1 cup Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup boiling water
Special Splurge Ingredients:
1. Spray crock pot thoroughly with cooking spray (or wipe on vegetable oil with a paper towel or napkin).
2. In a bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients until completely blended: Sugar, flour, cocoa, soda, powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients EXCEPT THE BOILING WATER: Eggs, milk, vegetable oil and vanilla.
4. Add the boiling water to the bowl of wet ingredients while whisking. Whisk until completely mixed.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared crock pot.
7. Cook on “low” setting for three hours or until the edges pull away from the sides of the crock and a butter knife inserted in the middle comes out *almost* clean. Replace lid, turn off crock pot and allow cake to set for 30 minutes before serving.
8. Scoop a “slice” out with a large spoon to serve.
If using the special splurge ingredients:
Drizzle with chocolate syrup, top with dollop of whip cream and accent with fresh raspberries.
9. Eat. Yum.
Test Kitchen Results: