1/4 cup (half a stick) butter, melted
1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
2 cups canned peach slices, drained OR fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
1/2 (1 stick) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour 1/4 cup melted butter into a 9″ cake pan. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the butter. Arrange peach slices in a single layer. Remember to make it pretty!
3. In a big bowl, mix the stick of softened butter with the sugar until creamy. Then add the egg, milk and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
4. Add the dry ingredients one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each one: baking powder, salt and flour (flour goes last because it’ll really thicken things up!).
5. Carefully spoon batter over peaches. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until a toothpick or butter knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Allow it to cool 10 minutes before placing a plate over the top and quickly inverting the cake onto the plate. Gently tap the cake pan to assure that the cake has slid out completely before lifting the pan.
7. Serve warm and gooey. Yum!